On November 20 2006 I sent out emails to a number of Swedish companies who might be able to meet our demands for a online community platform.
These companies had two weeks to send me a time and cost estimate back along with some information about themselves and their thoughts regarding the project. Most of the companies were very interested and responded in good time.
As it turned out I was a bit optimistic in my original estimate on how long it would take to go through the proposals and to make decision. What a surprise… Lesson 1 learned right there.
I thought I could pick a supplier within two weeks. Well, it’s now the end of January and I still haven’t decided. I’m even further behind on regarding who’ll do the design.
In early December we figured we needed to clean the table a bit regarding a bunch of other smaller projects before going ahead with this one. Now that that’s done I’m very excited to focus on this online community project!